Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wednesday Night Bible Study

I admit it. I resisted the idea of our small church starting up a bible study program on Wednesdays. I could number my reasons....



1. I work every other Wednesday and would miss sessions in a numbered lesson plan



2. My hubby is teaching, so I would be required to go..even if I don't want to (laziness you know)



3. I jealously guard those days off.



4. I would be expected to go...even if I don't want to...and I simply do not need anymore pressure.


Well I went to the first one last night. There was 5 people there ...Dave and I included. I actually enjoyed it. Even though I had to get our of bed early (on my first day off...I only slept 5 hours with a migraine), looked up all the scriptures (I hate being unprepared for anything), then I actually had to get dressed and do my makeup...on my day off. We were there from 7:30 till 9 pm. It didn't kill me. I got to thinking...well if I didn't work every other weekend, I would be in church every Sunday. Going to church every other Sunday and Bible study every other Wednesday...I'm still only going to church 4 times a month...Gee...I'm giving God like only 8-10 hours out of my life...not counting reading the bible study stuff and praying. I actually felt ashamed. What in the hell was I bitching about anyway??? God gives me more than 9-10 hours a day...He's there when I'm scared, lonely...or just need somebody to talk to. He's there when the no-driving assholes pull out in front of me on my way to work. He's there when my patient is crashing and burning...putting the idea's in my brain of what to do next.

No comments: