Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm still here.

Went to the beach yesterday. Had a really good day watching the grandkids play in the surf. Nobody drowned. Drank some brew (had a designated driver: Dave). Came home, got pissed off, the lazy-in-law...or slobbit, didn't unload the dishwasher or clean up her mess in the kitchen. She did manage to wash her two weeks worth of laundry...after I pointed out I couldn't tell what was clean or dirty in her room...there were piles everywhere...and we have a washer. You'd think a 24 year old WOMAN would be ashamed to have a room that nasty...and stinking of pissy diapers and God only knows what else. I'm glad my room is on the opposite side of the house.

Is it bitchy, insensative, or unreasonable to expect a house-guest who is living with you, to at least keep their part of the house clean. In 40 days she has offered to cook 1 time. And I had to help with that. Our meal was prepared and placed on the table at 10:00 p.m., even though we eat every day at 5:00 p.m., oh, and her husband had to cook the chicken, and the rest of the meal came out of jars....

Ok, so I'm bitchy. I just want to come home on my days off and not spend 4 hours cleaning the house before I can go to bed. Then get up and have to cook and clean up again. Dave and Daniel have been busy outside ditch-witching electrical lines and water-lines so we don't have electrical wires snaked over the yard to the well-pump and stuff. It is hot, dirty work, and they shouldn't have to come in and clean the house too. Daniel, by the way, has got a job now and is working 9 am till 6 pm. Ashley on the other hand is going to get unemployment due to Home Depot firing her while she was on her approved vacation. However, Ashley thinks this means she is still on "vacation" and therefore she shouldn't be expected to lift a finger. The straw that really got me pissed was the other night. I'd had 4 hours of sleep, yes, I will admit, I was a wee bit grumpy. I'm trying to cook supper. I only wanted to sit outside and drink my coffee and enjoy the last of the sunlight...but oh no, I had to do my part of the meal, Dave was smoking fahita's, and I had to make hot-sauce and cut up taters. Did anybody offer to help peel? Nope! Help chop up? Nope? But SHE asked to use my phone. Dumped the baby in the playpen to cry herself to sleep, and took the phone out to her car so she would have privacy and it would be quiet...and left me in the house cooking and listening to a sqwalling hungry baby.

WHEW!!!! I blew a freaking gasket. I picked the wet hungry crying baby up. I carried her to her daddy, sitting out on the swing. I went back in the house and I was banging pans and cooking. By the time everything was done it was dark and the mosquito's were out, so I didn't get to sit outside. I feel like a damned vampire.

I was so depressed Dave took me and the kids to the beach yesterday.

1 comment:

Aleta said...

I would have taken the baby to the car and let her have the kid while she's on the phone. And better yet, given her the baby and taken your phone and then said, "If you don't help with the cooking, there'll be one less place setting at the table!" That's just TOTAL BS!!!