Friday, June 18, 2021

So you think you can Walk?

 April 30th. A day to remember or forget. I got up to get ready for SAMA training. Had to be off the night before, so had slept pretty well. Got up really early, or at least it felt that way, but my day was getting ready to start with a BANG. 

From time to time we keep the Grand-dog named Pepper who is a 65# black lab and we have our black Lab Layla 100# girl. So, I let them out at about 7 a.m. and go to fix their food. I have to leave by 7:30 to be hospital by 8 and I am already cutting it close. I hear thunder (no no no no no). I hear heavy raindrops...the floor of heaven literally opens up and the rec room is a caliopy of sound (metal roof)...is that hail I hear? I rush to let the dogs in...slide down the hall in my stocking feet, hit the step into the rec room....the edge of the step...like one inch of the step and come down hard on my left heel. All my weight...all of it fell on this heel...this heel that has had inflammation...SCHREECH! OMG....PAIN WORSE THAN NATURAL CHILDBIRTH.... cannot catch my breath....pick myself up. crawl to the rocking chair and get back on my feet and hobble to the door to let in two very soaked pups. It is literally raining cats and dogs. 

Dogs fed. I am still barely able to hobble. It is still raining. I have texted to check to see if the class has been cancelled, because it is raining so hard...nope class still on. Locate umbrella, get into car (a little wet, but ok.) Drive to the gate...and find it closed (dang it...forgot about that), get out...can't hold the umbrella when having to hold onto the car door to walk. SOAKED TO THE SKIN...AND IT IS A COLD RAIN! Finally get to hospital, the classes are downstairs...alllllll the way on the other side of the building.........wow. 

So after all that I did get x-rayed 3 days later, not broken, told it was a sprain. Pain persists. I am working on this ankle and it is not getting better. Go back to primary doc get scheduled for MRI. Still hurting, still working....still managing. Well guess what...it's a complete tendon rupture...torn...completely, tendon gone with 6 cm of retraction....sooooo

Surgery on 6/16. What I didn't know? That I would be on crutches for two weeks...two weeks...OMG. 

No comments: