Sunday, September 15, 2019

It was a Full Moon that actually DID NOT SUCK!

So my dear sweet hubby pointed out to me Saturday night that it was a full moon Saturday night, which was sure to indicate some craziness going on in the ER. I nay-sayed him, made the sign of the cross, knocked on wood, searched for some holy water and got dressed for work. I neatly braided my hair, I did the little cute twist braid for my still growing out bangs, I even dashed on some lipstick and mascara, all in hopes that the night would go well. Got to work, remembered I forgot to apply perfume or put on earrings, but I am not there to be beautiful...so whatever! So I start out with naked ears, thankful that my deodorant is "fresh apple scent".

I walk into the unit, and discover that I am blessed with the trauma bay (again) because I am working with two LVN's (absolutely well seasoned and a blessing to work with...except because they are LVN's still pending to take the boards for RN, that means there is extra work for the RN, because there are several duties not allowed to be designated to the LVN), but that is neither here nor there, because we call this two gal's "the twins"...they look nothing alike, but are best friends, and one or the other is always there to help when things get hairy.

So I take report, go and transfer pt in bed 1 to where-ever the heck he was going. And.....don't remember the rest of the story.....

No comments: